Monday 22 July 2013

Buffalo cauliflower bites

I love buffalo chicken but its so not skinny food so when I saw a recipe online for buffalo cauliflower bites I thought I'd give it a go. I don't particularly like cauliflower, unless its swimming in a creamy cheese sauce! 

I once tried a recipe I saw online for cauliflower mash, it was described as a great alternative to mashed potato. It really wasn't for me, it just tasted like cauliflower.
If you like cauliflower it might work for you. 
(http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/
george-stella/mock-garlic-mashed-
potatoes-recipe/index.html)

So I was very sceptical about these buffalo wing style bites but there was no need, they were really tasty! 

Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Ingredients:
1 cup of water
- 1 cup of  flour
- 1 tbs of garlic powder/granules 
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup buffalo or hot sauce 
   (I use Franks buffalo sauce)


Method:
Combine the water, flour and garlic powder/granules until you have a smooth batter.
Chop the cauliflower into bite size pieces and coat in the batter.
Spray a baking tray in oil and bake the cauliflower in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden and crispy.
Remove from the oven, toss and pour on buffalo hot sauce, toss again.
Bake for a further 5 mins.
You may want to add an extra few drops of buffalo sauce.

So good served with blue cheese dressing. 


Serves: approx 6 people

Calories: approx 650, average 100-120 per person 

Pro Points: approx 3 per person 

I just need to figure out a good low calorie low point blue cheese dressing! Please let me know if anyone has a recipe or a tip on where to buy one in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment