Tuesday 23 July 2013

Cheese Steak Rolls

I was craving a Philly cheese steak, I don't think I've ever had one in Ireland but anytime I'm in America I eat them and clam chowder in ridiculous amounts.

I decided to try recreate. My main issue is finding the right steak to fry, I got a couple of thin sirloins but maybe deli beef would be better? I need something thinner. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Serves 2 people (2 rolls, 1 steak each) 


Ingredients:
- 2 Thin Sirloin steaks
- 1/2 large white onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 portobello mushroom 
- Low fat white cheddar (eg. Dubliner light slices)
- 4 Slim rolls (eg. Slimsters, sandwich Skinnys, slimbos etc.)

Method:
Preheat oven to 180

Place steaks between pieces of cling film and bash them with a rolling pin to get as flat as possible.

Chop onion, pepper and mushroom.
Spray pan with low calorie oil and veg until soft.

In a separate pan or the same one emptied and cleaned spray low calorie cooking oil and on a low heat fry steaks until slightly coloured. 

In a baking tray lay out the bottom parts of your rolls. Distribute the onion, pepper and mushroom mix evenly on each. Then divide the steak on top. Add a slice of low fat white cheddar. 

Place in the oven and leave for approx 5 mins or until cheese has melted just right.


Per person 
Calories: 450 
Weight watchers points: 12

Enjoy with a pepper sauce on the side.
(Add extra points and calories for this)


2 comments: