Saturday 2 February 2013

Eatin mess 4 weight watchers pro points

I had such a bad day experimenting in the kitchen today!

I tried a pasta dish, not good.

I tried a little chocolate ramekin cake made with bananas, not good.

Both went in the bin.

After eating a decent batch of pasta I was still craving a good dessert and I thought why not have the easiest, tastiest dessert I know?

Eton mess, or as I like to call it Eatin mess.
I love this wether I'm watching my weight or not. Especially when the strawberries are good and I bought a lovely couple of punnets today.

So all you do is throw a meringue nest or two in a bowl, Tesco finest are great and only 1 pro point each. Bash them up (that's the technical term). Then add a load of chopped strawberries, 0 pro points and a lovely dollop or two of cream. I use weight watchers cream, 1 pro point for 30g. I love that cream, I'd used low fat spray cream in the past but this is so much better.
Mix them all together.

It cheers me up to add a tiny little bit of Askeys raspberry syrup, it reminds me of 99's from an ice cream van. You could even add a flake or a bit of one if you've points to spare.

I use 2 meringue nests and one dollop of weight watchers cream which brings it to 4 pro points but you could amend to suit your points allowance.

I don't track the points for the syrup which is probably illegal in weight watchers world but it's only a teeny bit!






No comments:

Post a Comment