Sunday 3 February 2013

Weight watchers cocoa squares

I tried to make brownies but I spread the mixture really thinly in a tin that was too large and well the result was not brownies!

But the result was a thin but still tasty and low pro points dessert so I'll share the recipe anyway.

I got a dollop of weight watchers cream and sandwiched two slices together.
They'd also work well with some vanilla ice cream, like an Iceberger.

Maybe I'll figure out a good low weight watchers pro point brownie someday! I'll keep you posted.

A large tray makes 15 squares.

2 squares = 3 pro points

30g weight watchers cream = 1 pro point

Vanilla ice cream = approx 2 pro points per 100ml, check your brand pack

Ingredients:

30g good quality chocolate (I used green & blacks plain)
100g low fat butter
40g cocoa powder
100g sweetener
1 whole egg
2 egg whites

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Grease a rectangular shallow tin (I used 0 cal spray) and dust with cocoa powder.

2. In the microwave or in a bowl over a pot of boiled water melt the chocolate and butter.

3. Remove from heat and add the cocoa powder, sweetener & eggs. Whisk lightly to remove any lumps.

4. Pour into tin and spread gently to the edges then bake for approx 30 minutes.

Slice 5 times down the widest part then turn the tin and slice 3 times the other way.

Sandwich with cream or ice cream in the middle. Enjoy!

Note:
After some online research I found another reason these "wannabe brownies" may not have risen, because I used sweetner.
I'm new to this low fat, low calorie, weight watching baking so back to sugar I think and back to experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment